Thursday, March 29, 2018

Glass Pendant

My mother and I recently attended a class at our local stained glass shop. My husband and I had given her a certificate for this experience as one of her Christmas gifts, so she and I were excited for the scheduled event to make our fused glass pendants. Using imagination and bits of colored glass, participants were able to design a piece of personal jewelry. This is mine ready to be fired.

Using a 1500 degree kiln, the shop fused the layers of glass and added a bale and chain.
Notice the shimmering square in the center? That's a layer of dichroic glass. Its reflective properties give it a multicolored appearance, depending upon the lighting. 

Have you ever made any jewelry pieces? How about stained glass pieces? We enjoyed it and recommend you try it if you ever have the opportunity.

Have a good evening!