Friday, June 21, 2019

This and That...

I have a little of this and a little of that to share! 😊

First on my list are these great Dollar Tree finds. Located in with the school supplies, "plastic zip envelopes" are quite versatile. Think outside the box  (or envelope) when you consider different uses. These 12.7 by 9.6 inch envelopes are great for papers, of course, but I think they're perfect for craft organization and that's how I am using them.




I tucked a needlework project in one. Now the directions, fabric, needle and threads are kept together in something a bit more durable than a Ziploc bag. I plan to use the additional envelopes for sets of my handstamped cards which are in the process of being completed.


Next is another DIY artwork piece. You may recall when I shared my springtime poster. If you missed it, you can revisit the post by clicking here. It was time for a summery print, so I decided to use a butterfly picture I had snapped last year sometime. Making your own framed art is simple by using something from your own camera roll. Take advantage of sales, which run often. I had my 16 by 20 inch poster made at Walgreens during a 50% off sale. I am storing the crab tree print in the frame beneath the monarch. 

Last, but not least, is another piece of art. Instead of being large, it's very small! My cousin gave me this metal butterfly charm with its accompanying poem and I decided it would look sweet framed. I had this 3 by 3.5 inch frame in my craft room stash and it worked perfectly. In no time at all, I was able to top-mount everything. 





What projects do you have going on at this time? 
Happy weekend to everyone!