Friday, October 9, 2015

Apple Bread

I had a three pound bag of apples and the remaining ones were getting a little mealy. I decided to use them up by baking some apple bread and it made the kitchen smell so good!
 
 
Apple Bread
 
1/2 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar (I used about 3/4 cup and it tasted just fine)
2 cups diced apples
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon (I used more)
 
Blend the oil, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl. In another bowl, sift flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually mix dry ingredients to oil mixture. Blend in apples. Bake in a bread pan (I sprayed my pan first). Bake in a 325 oven for about 50-55 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. (*I'll let you know how this freezes. We can't use all of this now so I plan to wrap it for the freezer. Most breads freeze well and I assume this will be the same.)
 
 
Do you have one of these vegetable choppers? They make quick work of cutting up vegetables and fruits for dishes. I used it for dicing my apples. It has two grids; I used the larger one for this particular recipe. I love the product!
 
 
I hope you have a great weekend!