Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Warm Wishes


The weather is getting cooler and before we know it, we'll need our wraps. Each year our church collects like-new coats for those in need. I make it a mission to shop garage and yard sales throughout the summer to help this cause and it's so much fun! The collection bins will be available beginning this Sunday, so I have packaged-up this year's finds. My mother and I scope out the goods and I only buy coats in pristine condition. No spots, rips or imperfections allowed! I always test the zippers before I purchase them and I wash them when I get home so they are fresh and ready to go. I usually pay $1/ each, but I did pay $2/each for the suede adult ones.
 

I have three adult coats. Two are suede and sherpa. The bittersweet one is quilted and warm, too. Its hood is trimmed with fur.
 
 Aren't these cute coats for little boys?
We all know how little girls often love pink and purple, so I'm sure someone will be happy with these.
 
These are thick and warm and so soft. They will protect two little babies from cold winter winds. 

 


I also pick up hats and gloves when they are in perfect condition. I typically pay a quarter for them, but I also found some cute hats at the grocery store in a bargain bin for $1/each so I bought some of those.
 
 
 
 
 
I was fortunate to find more items this year than I did last so I am especially excited and,  just like a first grader,  I wanted to show them to you before they get turned in! Hopefully some people will feel warm this winter wearing them, but you well know how sharing gives us an even warmer feeling.
 
Here's sending you warm wishes!