Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tablescape Tuesday

Saturday when my mother and I were poking around a yard sale, I spotted these darling little sherbets. I love colored glass and had never seen yellow glass before. At a dime a piece, I decided to get all five of them.
The same people had a lots of vintage linens, too. There were some tablecloths, stitched doilies and dresser scarves. On the very bottom of the stack my eye caught these napkins. The five of them were wadded up with a piece of masking tape serving as the price tag. They, too, were 10 cents each. Hmmm...they looked like they would go with the glassware. I began creating a tablescape in my head!
 
 
 
 
I tried setting the sherbets on different colored plates of mine, but they really popped on white. We think they could possibly be depression glass, which was made between 1930-1940. Aunt Kay and Uncle Carl told me that the pieces came as freebies in boxes of cereal and detergent. Wouldn't that be fun?! 
I just grabbed three pumpkins for the centerpiece and added real bittersweet (all of which I was using elsewhere for decoration). Aunt Kay and Uncle Carl harvest and send us a box of fresh Indiana bittersweet each fall and my mother and I always look forward to using it for the season!
 
It's another beautiful autumn day here. I hope you have a beautiful day, too!