Monday, June 6, 2016

A Lovely Evening

We (and when I say "we" I mean "Randy") power washed the patios, scrubbed the patio table and chairs and opened the fountain yesterday afternoon.

Finally it was sunny all day! Finally we could eat dinner on the patio without the threat of showers. We typically eat out there nearly every evening from late spring to early fall. Last night was my favorite kind of evening. We had low humidity and such a peaceful time for the patio. Look at the little dinner-begging- beauties!


After dinner, we were able to sit and enjoy the day's end for a bit. I snipped a bouquet for the kitchen and we remained out there until the lightning bugs (who, much to my delight,  are early this year!!) began their fireworks display, accompanied by the symphonic tree frogs and crickets. My favorite!
Spending time on the patio made me realize that although the solarium has been decorated in a patriotic theme for some time now, I haven't highlighted it yet.






This corner isn't really seasonally decorated. It always has these birdhouses on display!




It was such a lovely evening that I wish that you could have joined us on the patio and in the solarium.
Have a blessed day!