Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Pins from the Past

Growing up and throughout the early part of my teaching career, seasonal pins were popular. I have many and wanted to do something with them, so I decided to do a little framed picture.


I had the old frame, which I spray painted long ago, and then selected three special pins. More than that made it look crowded.

The gold Christmas tree and angel (both missing sets now) were from my childhood. In fact, I remember wearing the angel on my Christmas dress the year I was in first grade. Of course, it was worn lots of other years, too. The Santa pin was from a sweet family years ago and I always loved it. The little girl selected it for me herself and it has matching earrings. By the way, my former first grader is now in post-graduate medical school and happens to work part-time at our veterinary office so I get to keep up with her!

Have a wonderful weekend. If you're like us, there are last-minute details demanding your attention. 'Tis the season!