Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Tuesday's Tablescape

The lilacs are in full bloom and I couldn't resist snipping some for today's table.



As was the case with yesterday's bouquet, I wish you could sniff these in person! As you can imagine, the lilacs have filled the dining room with a wonderful aroma.


I acquired this china at a yard sale last autumn. The dainty little flowers and platinum band appealed to me because the pattern is simple and neutral.  As I considered purchasing them, I began chatting with the seller and learned the history of these dishes. You know how I love the story behind a treasure! This Noritake dishware had belonged to her grandmother who was a member of the Boston Pops and played with Arthur Fiedler. In addition to the 12 five-piece place settings, a complete hostess set was included (with each piece in pristine condition). She even included the two large plastic totes in which everything was stored! In case you're curious about the price, she charged $10.

What do you think of the lilacs and pretty china?

Enjoy your day!