Friday, September 15, 2017

Fall in the Solarium

It's ironic that I am sharing autumn touches in the solarium today when it's hot outside!

I usually have a lot of autumn leaves and pumpkins on the little fireplace, but decided to go more simple this year for a change. I just used a lantern since I really wanted to make the new-to-me afghan the focal point. You may recall when I shared this  fabric beauty in a yard sale haul not too long ago. It is a queen quilt in perfect condition and was $15. You know how I always have to know the story for everything, so I asked the sellers about the quilt's history. It was made in southern MO by some sisters who make and sell their own work. They did an outstanding job and I am so happy to have it!

I rested my pumpkin birdhouse and my little granite bird on top of a burlap runner.



Whether it feels like fall, or not, I hope you have a wonderful day!