Monday, September 18, 2017

Layering a Tiered Stand

I've transitioned my wire tiered stand to autumn so it's ready to go and will last through the end of November. Layering a basket or bowl is easy to do and you can use what you have on hand. I wanted my focus to be pumpkins and gourds. I've had them for, literally, decades. Thankfully, it is possible to purchase realistic-looking products that will last for a long time. I divided them between my three tiers.


 Decorators tell us that you need multiple colors and textures, so I decided to fill-in with pinecones harvested from the giant pine at our former home.  Again, they have been used for decades. Honestly, I would not have thought to incorporate them with pumpkins, but was inspired to do so by a picture I saw online. I'm satisfied with the natural effect!



The little white spheres are from Dollar Tree and I have used them in numerous applications. I think they come four to a package.
Last, I tucked-in some faux autumn leaves for additional texture and color.

Now it's ready for the table!

Happy Monday!