Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday's Tablescape

I hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. We had gorgeous weather in our area, which was a bonus. While we were outside Saturday, we noticed an increased number of butterflies floating in the air and feeding on blossoms. It's that time of year! Soon we'll see monarchs, of course, as they migrate.


I took several pictures, but could never quite time it right to catch this butterfly with open wings!

Watching the butterflies inspired me to do a table using my new quilt. 
Lovely, right? When we were on our early summer road trip, we were able to stop and visit some family. It was during this time that my cousin gave me this beauty. She and I marveled at the intricate work and concluded that the woman who made this must have spent hours and hours cross-stitching. I treasure it and decided it might be fun to use as a table-topper this once.

My grandparents' wedding china seemed to match the look pretty well and I used olive green chargers beneath.

Two cups and saucers sit in the waiting on the edge. 



Although I tried a simple centerpiece, it was distracting so I decided to let the focus be this pretty work-of-art.






I'm sending you hugs and butterfly kisses!