Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sweet Eats!

With the approaching Memorial Day weekend, you may be preparing a dessert for some sort of gathering. I have a couple of sweet possibilities for you!

While out-of-town last weekend, we were able to visit some family and were served these scrumptious brownies. Made from scratch, they are moist and flavorful. They also happen to be a treasured family recipe from my husband's side. With permission, I am sharing with you. Although I have not personally made these, I certainly loved eating mine!
We enjoyed these brownies while visiting our family.


Aunt Betty's Brownies
4 T cocoa
1/2 pound butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla
nuts-optional

Mix ingredients and prepare in a 9 by 13 lined pan (with two layers wax paper). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. 


My second recipe is a simple and tasty cake, which I happened to make for my mother's birthday yesterday.


This cake is so moist and sweet that just a small piece will suffice!


Easy Tres Leches Cake
Prepare a boxed butter cake in a 9 by 13 pan according to package directions. Remove from the oven and when mostly cooled, poke holes in the cake. 

In a bowl, whisk together a can sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 cup evaporated milk. Add 2 tsp. vanilla. Pour mixture over the top of the cake and put in refrigerator. When fully chilled, top with a whipped topping (Cool Whip). Store in refrigerator. 

If you would like to print these recipes, click here.


Have a wonderful afternoon!