Thursday, November 9, 2017

Tweaking a Wreath

Each year my mother hosts a table at their church's Advent by Candlelight evening. We have already  done a mock-up of her table, but one thing we decided to tweak was to modify the wreath which will be the base to the centerpiece. I decided to take advantage of sunny, mild weather to do a little necessary spray painting for the project. You know how I love my spray paints! 


This is just an ordinary wreath from Michael's.

I plucked some magnolia leaves and seedpods from our tree and grabbed my can of gold paint. A light coat was all that was needed. I added the leaves to the wreath first.
Next were the seedpods.

Tucking-in the pieces gave the wreath just enough pop to work for our centerpiece (which will be shared in early December after the ladies' event). It's always interesting to use natural elements in your décor. Twigs, seedpods, leaves and dried weeds can all add just what you need.

I hope your day has been a good one!