Monday, November 27, 2017

Welcome to Christmas-Decorating-Mode!

I trust you had a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends and that you were able to relax a bit. If you're like us, you dove into seasonal decorating on Friday. Welcome to our Christmas-decorating-mode!  Our unseasonably warm weather made doing the outside portion very enjoyable and so that's where we began. Wreaths are on the windows, candles in the sills, pine roping is strung and the porch is ready.


I switched the swag over the door and kept it very simple. I used only faux greenery, red ribbon and metallic ornaments.


Would you care to sit for a few minutes? You can take the chair on the left so that you can use the plaid throw. That way, too, you might not notice the burned-out bulb in the candle behind you! 😁I just now saw that. It, obviously, just went out because all systems were "go" when we put the candles in place. I will replace it as soon as I finish this post!


My little lantern got an updated look, Previously red (and green before that...click here to see the post from two years ago), I decided to go with trendy metallic gold. It's catching a reflection on the top which distorts the actual hue.

Not only does it look, but it also smells like Christmas on the porch. The pine roping is real and you can catch an enjoyable whiff when you're by it. I love that scent!!


Have you also begun Christmas-decorating-mode?