Monday, February 22, 2016

Hurry, Spring!

I've been putting away winter décor and decorating for spring. I know it's a tad early, but it felt like spring this weekend with sunshine and a high of 79 degrees! Some bulbs are poking up and some of the leaf buds are swelling on certain trees. The temperatures are supposed to be a little more seasonal this week with light snow tomorrow night, but it's too late. We're already caught "spring fever" and we're all ready for crocus, spring colors and bunnies!

I began my seasonal efforts in the solarium and decided to couple emerald with the cobalt for this spring.

Peter Rabbit is gardening under a burst of real pussy willow branches!
I needed a St. Patrick's Day pillow, so I bought one of Hobby Lobby's pillow covers (50% off last week) and ironed on three shamrocks. You know that I am a huge fan of those pillow covers because you just throw them on an existing pillow and when you're finished, storage is a snap! It folds up flat. The pillow covers are reasonably priced and even have a nice zipper on the back! This linen one was $2.50 on sale. You can't beat that!


Pardon the stripe across the pillow. It's a shadow.

I'll share more pictures of seasonal accents later this week.


Are you ready for spring, too?!