Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Year Bunnies (and Carrots)

Since I have decorated my kitchen with spring bunnies and carrots, it seems appropriate to share the bunnies on leap day!

First of all, look at this attendance gift we received at a business banquet this weekend. These beautiful little tulips are so perfect that they look artificial! To replicate, you could line an ivy bowl, or any glass bowl, with peat moss and then fill with soil to plant small bulbs. I plan to do this next year as I love the look so much.

I came home and added the white tulips to the vignette on the old marble-top chest. The fuzzy little bunny is actually a bank which I received in one of my Easter baskets growing up. I decorate with him each year as I find him realistically cute. I recently found the carrots at Hobby Lobby and had to get them! They worked well since I wanted little pops of orange in the kitchen for spring this year.


If you look just right in the photo below, you can see the little photo-bomber snoozing on the kitchen rug in the mirror's reflection!



This Fitz and Floyd platter and vase set came from my grandma many years ago. The vibrant colors and detailed relief patterns are so appealing to me! I added a glass tray of faux vegetables in front of the platter.




These leaping bunnies don't carrot all what the date is, they just wish you an enjoyable "bonus day", this February 29!