Friday, November 18, 2016

Birch Wreath

My mother recently gave me this birch wreath.
I like it because it's wrapped with real bark which gives it such a natural, rustic appearance. I decided it would be perfect in the solarium next to the woodland tree this Christmas and could envision just a bit of greenery and maybe something red on it. Then I remembered the little cardinal bird our Kansas City Royals fan cousin gave to us, the St. Louis Cardinal fans. She shared it as a joke...but we still love her! 😊 That, a few greenery picks, berries and a glue gun equipped me for this project.

Although I originally thought a plaid ribbon would look nice on this wreath, I opted to omit it for a more simplistic look.


Isn't it hard to imagine that we're on the brink of decorating for Christmas? This is the last weekend before Thanksgiving and then we'll be in the happy whirlwind of the most wonderful time. What do you have planned for your Saturday and Sunday?