Friday, November 4, 2016

Thankful Tree

Last November I decided we needed a "thankful tree", so I used the smallest from my (extensive) Christmas tree collection. As a five foot slim, it's just the right size to tuck in beside our little marble-top chest in the kitchen without being too imposing. If you missed it last year, you can take a peek at Thankful Tree. The tree is back with a few new touches this year.


I reused the same autumn ribbon, faux leaves and glass acorn ornaments.



















This year, though, I have these wonderful new ornaments displaying Bible verses. Some friends from church have a business that specializes in personalizing items (ornaments, home décor, bakeware, etc.) so they designed and created maple leaves and pumpkins for our thankful tree. I love how they turned out! These are just a few examples.









You'll note that the little marble-top chest needs Thanksgiving décor on it. I took care of some Halloween pieces that were there and now I need to be home long enough to complete my November decorations!




Have a wonderful weekend everyone!