Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Dining Room

As promised, I'm sharing the dining room  Christmas décor today. I am an enormous fan of slim trees because they are easily tucked into corners without obstructing floor space in high-traffic places. I think they work out well in those applications. They're easy to store, too. I have purchased mine on sale, through the years, and usually find them for around $40. This one is just right in the corner of the dining room and allows us to entertain throughout the season without compromising space. Guests can still easily navigate the area without running into branches or toppling over the tree!

We have the angel tree in the dining room this year.
On all of our trees, you'll find a mix of vintage and new ornaments. Some are handcrafted, some are heirlooms and most are gifts. Their common denominator is that they're all treasures and have a special story to tell. I can honestly say that I think of the history of each ornament as I hang it and I am always reminded of the person who gave it to me. The only time we ever purchase an ornament for ourselves is when we're on vacation and pick up one (a tradition we started on our honeymoon). This tree is loaded with angels and here are just a few shots...


Our Precious Moments nativity was a gift from my parents the first Christmas after Randy and I were married. Although it's on special display each Christmas, it is in my curio the remainder of the year so it's always out. By the way, my dad made the stable to go with it! It's on the antique hutch this year.




These little angel candles belonged to my grandparents, so my dad and aunt grew up enjoying the little singing cherubs. Each holds her own song book. They're on one of the shelves on the hutch.




Angels we have heard on high, sweetly singing o'er the plain...

Are you also enjoying Christmas music? I love it!