Thursday, December 7, 2017

Hostess Gifts


'Tis the season to be jolly! It's also the season for special holiday gatherings and visits with friends. Since you may want to take a little something  to the hostess when you go to someone's home, I thought I would share a few simple ideas. 

Quality chocolates are a sweet way to show your appreciation to the hostess. I snapped these pictures in the store when I saw them because they seemed quite appropriate. I was recently given a box of Merci myself, but had to take a photo in the store since I had already opened my own packaging to display the candies in a glass bowl. Of course, I also had to sample one, two, three of the candies in the process! 😉




These little packages of chocolates are just the right size to attach to the outside of your gift bag.


Seasonal surprises are sure to make your friend smile. I was recently given this tasteful holiday kitchen towel which looks nice and feels thick and soft. The cardinal birds and greenery will be fitting to use throughout the winter.



Finding an ornament that reminds you of a friend is certain to make them happy.


In case you can't make it out, that's the tag attached to the lower right corner.

A friend recently brought me this mini Christmas cactus as a hostess gift. I've 
never seen one so loaded with blossoms! Isn't it lovely?


Everyone seems to enjoy practical surprises. Nice soaps and lotions are always useful.

I bought these for someone and they smell wonderful! 


Snacks are good for this busy time of year.

My favorite peach salsa coupled with my favorite pita chips will make a tasty
snack for a friend who is getting this.



My favorite apple butter will be given to a hostess, along with some fresh
bagels from the bakery.


Homemade gifts make lovely hostess surprises, too. Use your talents to share with others. No matter what you take to the hostess, the most important thing is to enjoy yourself as you visit with friends...and if you're the hostess, have fun with your guests. 'Tis the season to be jolly and for spending time with dear ones.