Friday, December 15, 2017

Ugly Sweaters and Hot Soup

Did you know that today is National Ugly Sweater Day? The mention of this type of unsightly clothing always makes me roll my eyes 🙄because I don't think there is such a thing! I have quite an accumulated collection of holiday attire since I taught for so many years. I would begin immediately after Thanksgiving and wear a different seasonal outfit each day until Christmas break and I enjoyed every single one. Since elementary teachers get away with wearing clothing choices different from the "real" world, I suppose that's the reason I love Christmas sweaters!  Even though I have only stopped "playing school" in the past few years, most of the Christmas shirts in my closet would likely qualify as ugly sweaters. Here are just five of my ugly sweaters and I have m-a-n-y more. Oh, well. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Don't you agree?




In case you're curious, I still wear all of them...and proudly!

It's already Friday and since I have never posted a recipe this week, I am repeating one from two years ago. I just made this for a luncheon I hosted this week. This hearty cheese soup is perfect for this time of year. In case you're preparing for guests this week, perhaps you'd be interested. Click  here for a printable version of Hannibal Cheese Soup. Add a salad and hot bread and you will be all set. If you decide to try making this soup, maybe you can wear an ugly sweater while preparing it!! 😉

Have a wonderful weekend and if you need to stay warm, wear an ugly sweater and enjoy a bowl of hot soup!