Monday, December 4, 2017

More Santas

As I mentioned during last week's tablescape post, Santa is the theme for the dining room this Christmas. While not in use, my Jolly Old Elf keepsakes are stored away in a mini-trunk and each year when I get them out, it's a stroll down memory lane.


My jar is filled with metallic bows this season and sits alongside Santas on the 
antique hutch.


Each piece has a story of its own, which is the reason I prefer decorating with what I have instead of buying new décor. I display things differently each time, so it never looks the same from one year to the next.

I have Santas from throughout my lifetime. For example, I received this Santa doll when I was a toddler. He was a gift from my great-grandma.

 A variety of Santas have come to me from other people throughout the years.

The only one I ever bought for us was when we were first married. We got this beeswax candle from the Christmas tree farm where we'd chopped our pretty pine.

Many of my ornaments were gifts from students and their families, but some are from my family and friends...







and there are enough to fill this pencil tree!



Are you on Santa's list of
good girls and boys?! 🎅