Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday's Tablescape

Today's table was from our annual Advent by Candlelight evening, which was one week ago today. This special event is held at my parents' church and is open to the women of the community. Church members volunteer to host a table for eight and my mother always participates. There is a holiday program before dessert time. This year we opted to use one of my sets of seasonal china for the table. The eggplant runner and napkins were ordered from an online company that offers every color at rock-bottom prices. We were pleased (and relieved) that the purple matched my china so closely. Our "napkin rings" were wise men ornaments that I sprayed gold.


We focused on the three wise men for the centerpiece. My mother's friend gave her the handsome trio about 40 years ago and they've been lovingly used for many Christmases. You can get a glimpse of the wreath we placed at the base of the glass cake plate pedestal. Does it look familiar? It's the one I made several weeks back.  Click here to revisit the wreath post. 

Although our table number is prominent in this photo (the red card on the stick), it still offers you a look at the overall table. 


Advent by Candlelight is the perfect way to prepare our hearts for the holiday season!