Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cinnamon Hearts

Rather than an actual recipe this week, I have a food idea to share. I can't take credit because I saw it online quite a bit ago and made a mental note to try it in February. Since I took a meal to someone a few days ago, I assembled some cinnamon hearts for their dessert. Maybe you'd like to try these cute and easy-peasy sweet treats next week for Valentine's Day. All you need is a tube of cinnamon rolls.

Carefully, unwind each roll and leave the end (formerly the center of the roll as it was when you removed it from the tube) coiled. Coil the opposite end to match in size. Form into a heart shape and gently pinch the "point". You have the ability to make them long and narrow or short and fuller (both are shown above). Five fit in an 8-inch round pan with points to the center. I used a glass pie pan for mine. Bake according to package directions. Cool and use the glaze included with the rolls. I sprinkled some red sugar on mine while the frosting was still moist. 

I placed two in a plastic bakery container to carry-in with a meal.


Aren't they clever?