Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Winter Wreath

I made a winter wreath during the Christmas season to give as a gift. It went together very easily, so I thought I would share in case it might provide you an idea.

I began with a grapevine wreath, which had already been painted white. You can definitely spray paint this type of wreath quickly if you want to customize it. I also bought realistic greenery picks and some red berries. All of it was on sale at Michaels. Don't ever pay full price at a craft store. Wait for their sales or use the 40% off coupons. 😉 I couldn't find an embellishment which suited me there, so I went to the dollar store and found the snowflake ornament. I loved the contrast of the white on a burlap background.
Wire snips made a fast job of separating both the greenery and berries into smaller pieces. I also cut off the jute hanger on the snowflake ornament. I used very thin silver wire to attach the greenery to the wreath. By weaving it between the grapevine stems, I was able to conceal it.  I then went back and added several dollops  of hot glue just for reinforcement. I inserted clusters of berries in a few places and put the snowflake in place last (all by means of hot glue). If you are not in need of a door wreath like this one, you could put together a mini version. Dollar Tree sells a 9 inch willow wreath in natural color which would also work. You could spray paint it white or even a silver for the winter months.

A creation similar to this one is perfect for the next few months...until we can begin to think spring! 

Have a blessed evening!