Thursday, March 21, 2019

National Crafting Month

Did you know that March is National Crafting Month? I have always enjoyed making things and from the time I was a little girl, it's always been of interest to me. My parents are creative, so I was exposed to artistic projects and household DIYs growing up. Over the years I have dabbled in many forms of crafting and truly find it a way to unwind whether I am working on something by myself or with my crafting friends. It has been a goal of mine to learn to quilt and a friend has been guiding me through the process over the past few years. Today we worked on a wall hanging that's a WIP (work in progress).

This piece all began with the eagle panel in the center. I found it a few summers ago in a little shop while we were vacationing and my friend and I have been working on it, here and there, as we have been able. Even though it is not finished yet, it was a pleasure working on this craft project for a few hours...especially during National Crafting Month!