Friday, March 29, 2019

Spring Porch Ideas

It's time to get out your rain boots for springtime showers! This is a decorating idea my mother uses on their porch. It just requires cute boots (adult or child size) and long stemmed faux spring flowers. My mother picked-up her pair at a yard sale a few years ago, but I'll bet you could find some at a thrift store, too. We have found good flowers on sale at both Michaels and Hobby Lobby. A couple of real branches add texture and interest when mixed in with my mother's artificial lilac, dogwood and tulips. This arrangement is protected from the wind by being in the corner, but if it weren't we could have dropped rocks inside the boots for weight and stability. 


Another spring touch is this tulip wreath that my mother hung on their front door this year. If you're interested in making one like it, you can click here to see the directions highlighted in a post a few years ago.  

This stuffed guy is an oldie, but goodie who sometimes hops out on my parents' porch. He is making an appearance this spring. 




Some'bunny' wishes you a blessed weekend!