Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Breakfast Frittata

For my brunch yesterday,  I served frittata, orange cranberry muffins and fresh fruit. By the way, I also had sliced kiwi with the pineapple (for color), but it's not shown in this picture.



These cupcake papers are made by Wilton. I had not used them before, but bought them post-Christmas last year and I love them! Not only do they provide nice color, but they actually unwrap more easily than standard cupcake liners. I highly recommend Krusteaz brand muffin mix. I used the orange-cranberry. They are super moist and very flavorful without being too sweet.





This recipe is easy to prepare and is tasty. My dad's cousin, Sally, gave it to me more than 10 years ago and I've made it many times.

Frittata
6 eggs
1 cup milk
2 T. melted butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a round 10 inch pan (or a 9 by 9 inch baking pan). In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into baking pan. Sprinkle bacon and cheese on the top. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.


Enjoy!