Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tuesday's Tablescape

Today's post is being sent late because I wanted to share our Advent by Candlelight table for this week's tablescape and we couldn't set up until this afternoon. The annual event is a wonderful gathering of woman from my parents' church and each year my mother hosts a table. For the first time this year, I was able to help her set up since I was always playing school in previous years. It's so much fun to walk around and see all of the different tables. There are over 40 tables, each set for eight. We just got home and it was a lovely evening.
 

 
 


You know how popular plaid is this season, so I was thrilled when I saw these chargers at Michaels. They were on sale with an additional savings thanks to a 25% off your total purchase coupon. Love those!



The centerpiece is made from a larger can and greenery, berries and ribbon.


My mother and I found these angels at post-Christmas sales last year so she bought three and our wheels began turning for this year's table.
 


We had these little candles at each place setting. My dad and I made them (mostly my dad since it involves a torch and I can scarcely light a birthday candle!). We used tomato paste cans for this size.    


It was such an enjoyable start to the Christmas season! By the way, today is my 100th post.