Friday, December 4, 2015

Cardinals and Cocoa

This Christmas the kitchen has a cardinal theme. I rounded-up all the little red birds I had and put them together for the season.

  





I put the hot cocoa station on the marble top chest. Would you like a cup?

It's easy to make trays like these. The silver tray came from the dollar store. Then I painted the flat surface with chalkboard paint so I can write on it.



I did buy some Cardinal ribbon this year at Michael's (70% off) so that I could make a bow for the tree.




The tree is adorned in ornaments from Randy's family.The cardinal shown above also hangs on the tree and is from my aunt's collection (to be featured on a future post!).




My parents gave me this adorable bird teapot years ago and then they recently got me the set of bird dishes. Although not the same maker, they pair together nicely.




    Enjoy the first weekend of December!