Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday's Tablescape

Do you remember these bird dishes I used in an earlier post? At the time, I mentioned that they had companion lunch plates and today's table uses those.

Are you a bird watcher? Especially in the winter, they add a pretty pop of color. We enjoy the birds at our backyard feeders (but not the pesky squirrels we're battling!) and this table reminds me of some of our little feathered friends.
















My tree trunk vase seemed a fitting for this scape. It's an interesting piece I received from a friend. She knows a woman who makes these! Starting with a real log, the woman's husband chisels out the wood, leaving the bark shell. Isn't it wonderful? For this setting, I filled it with faux holly greenery and twigs from our birch tree


We have this hanging in our solarium and it says it all...