Monday, January 25, 2016

Whooo Likes Owls?

As you know, owls are popular in décor and merchandise these days. I've shown my lantern before. It has a distressed look for an old-world feel and stands about two feet tall. I enjoy changing it seasonally! The first of January, I took out the little Christmas tree that was inside it and guess whooo I put in its place? It's my snow owl. Isn't he darling? I love his big eyes, sparkly feathers and metallic feet. He was a gift from my parents a few Christmases ago. I opened the door of my lantern to get a close-up.



For a little added wintery-feel, I placed Mr. Owl on a piece of dollar store cotton snow drape and scattered some small snowflake ornaments. Under the "snow", though, I placed a string of battery operated mini lights. I only light them when I am home to supervise.







This is how it looks by day.


We love listening to the real owls who reside behind our home!

As "owl"-ways, I hope your day is going well!!