Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summer Mantel

I put the butterfly print in place on the mantel and decided to pull out some yellow and blue accents. It's so tough to photograph this mantel due to the mirror.



The cobalt and white fishbowl planter and tobacco twisted candlesticks were gifts from students over the years.

I had the yellow berried garland in with my floral "inventory". I bought it years ago after finding it in a sale bin.



My do-it-yourself butterfly print is 11 by 14 inches and is the focal point I'd wanted.




Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.
                                              ~Thoreau


May happiness sit on your shoulder today!