Friday, October 6, 2017

Garden Stool Makeover

My parents have a garden stool on their front porch. As you know, it's very popular to use these as a small piece of furniture rather than for actual seating (a stool) and they have theirs nestled between two rockers. The stool was white and my mother recently mentioned that she wanted to make it a new color (my dad has spray painted it a few times in the past for her). We talked it over and decided that it would look good in a trendy metallic color for the cold months. Since I already had some gold paint on hand, I brought it home with me.

This is what it looked like before receiving its new color.
You can see that my cardboard base has been used for multiple spray paint projects as evidenced 
by the "tattoos" ! 😉

This is its new look.



A can of metallic spray paint refreshed this little piece pretty quickly. Back in place, it has an autumn arrangement on top.
We're pleased with the way the new color relates to the caning in their door.




Have a good fall weekend!