Monday, January 8, 2018

A Winter Tree

We have a small alpine which perfectly tucks out-of-the-way in the kitchen. In the fall, it's my thankful tree. 
As we prepare for Christmas, it gets decorated for the season.


Each year, I consider keeping up the tree throughout the winter...and then I never do. This year, though, is different. Maybe it was because being sick made me tardy in undecorating and packing away décor. Maybe it was because we have had a dusting of snow along with our frigid temperatures. Whatever the cause, at the risk of being too CRAZY-CHRISTMAS-TREE-LADY, I decided to keep it up. I smacked a snowflake ribbon bow on the top, hung snowflake ornaments I already had, poked-in some real pinecones and twigs and it's my winter tree.



It's intended to complement the penguins who are gracing the kitchen for the winter.
This penguin nutcracker was part of the Christmas décor, too, but he was able to remain 
out for the winter months with all the other penguins on parade! 


Who knows? Maybe I will add a few red hearts for February. We will have to wait and see!  😉


Have a blessed day!