Thursday, January 11, 2018

Comfort Food

Does comfort food appeal to you this time of year? I was flipping through recipes the other day and saw this one in a collection of family favorites. My aunt compiled the notebook and all of the recipes were my grandma's. They're special because Grandma was a marvelous cook who found it satisfying to prepare delicious meals for others. This particular dish definitely qualifies as a good choice for cold winter weather.
I happened to use rotini pasta when I prepared mine.



Joe Mazzatti
1/2 green pepper, chopped
medium onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 T butter
seasoning salt and pepper to taste
1 small can mushrooms, drained
1 can tomato soup
1/2 box pasta, cooked and drained
1 Old English sharp cheese spread (or shredded sharp cheese)

In a large skillet, brown beef, onion and green pepper in butter. Add salt, stir in mushrooms and tomato soup. Mix well.

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Place in large casserole and stir in cheese. Add sauce and mix. Bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour.


I'm serving this tonight with a large green combination salad. What comfort foods do you enjoy?