Monday, April 8, 2019

A Spring Lantern

I'm embarrassed to tell you that until this weekend,  my oversized lantern had not been decorated for spring. It still had a winter owl and snow in it and it's not as if I never see it. Sitting on the landing,  I pass it each time I ascend and descend the stairs and with each trip, I would make a mental note to tackle it. Time is limited, though, and it fell pretty low on the list of priorities. Our gorgeous spring weekend inspired me to take a few minutes to finally take care of it. 



The lighting wasn't good in front of the plantation shutters where it sits, but you get the idea. I love my vintage-looking lantern because it is fun to decorate for the seasons. This time, I decided to use this egg-shaped decoration on faux shiplap with a realistic bunny painted on it. My cousin gave it to me last year. Needing it to be taller, I perched it on a clear glass candleholder. Then I scattered decorated eggs along the bottom of the lantern. 
I'm sure you're observant enough to have caught my reflection in the glass 
above the egg-shaped piece! 🙄

Would you believe that I had these eggs bagged and ready to donate because I had not used them in so many years?  When I was inspired with this "egg theme" for the lantern, I pilfered through the give-away box and dug them out to keep...at least until summer! Does anyone else ever have that happen?


It is amazing how quickly spring has sprung in our area. The warm temperatures have caused everything to pop! The grass is greening, the bulbs, early shrubs and trees are blooming, the birds are singing before it gets light in the morning and the peepers (my favorite!) are serenading us in the evenings. I'm positive that we still have lots of rain to come, but it's still safe to say...

For, lo, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds has come. Yes, spring is here!
                                                                                        Song of Solomon 2:11-12