Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tuesday's Tablescape

Happy National Picnic Day! I must say that if I were declaring unusual holidays, I would have postponed today's celebration for a month or two. I tend to associate May or June with the picnic season more than April, but what do I know? Since the patio is loaded with yellow tree pollen and it's overcast, I decided to set an inside table for two as today's tablescape.

My red and white tablecloth seemed in order and, of course, our old family picnic basket had to be used. I wrote about it three years ago and if you'd like to see that post, click here.
A faux pie and some succulents added balance and color to the centerpiece. Now we just need some potato salad and fresh corn-on-the-cob. The condiments are all ready for juicy, grilled burgers. Mmmmm!

In honor of National Picnic Day
let's all remember to relish today.
 We can ketch-up tomorrow! 🍔