Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Come Sit with Me...

You know that I love the South and, to me, rocking chairs on the porch are a perfect way to reflect Southern charm. For years, we have had sturdy white resin wicker furniture on our porch and that provided a good feel, too, but I decided that we were due for a little change.  This picture, obviously from Christmastime, shows the chairs. There was a settee on the other side of the porch.
Last week I ordered four white rockers and we (and when I say "we", I mean Randy)  assembled them and put them in place last weekend.



Last summer we replaced our porch latticework with stone and I think that got the wheels-of-change in motion.

This picture was taken before last spring's cleanup. 




We can't wait until these beds look alike with color again!

I switched out our swag early in March, so it's set for the season.
I used this same blend of forsythia, hyacinths, dogwood and tulips  last year, but the wired spring ribbon was a dollar store purchase this year. 

The rockers are, by the way,  part of the Mainstays line from Walmart. Made of acacia wood, they are already painted and are easy to assemble. Although they are rated for outdoor use, it is recommended they be kept on covered patios. I am hopeful they perform as well as advertised. At this point, I am happy with them and their Southern look, so I guess I should ask...

would y'all like to come sit with me? 😉