Friday, November 6, 2015

Lasagna


Do you like lasagna? We love it with a big green salad and hot bread. I think my mother's recipe is the best I've ever had and so do many others. I've often served it to guests and also carried it in for families and I'm almost always asked for a copy of the recipe. We're heading into the holiday season when you, too, will likely be entertaining others so maybe this is a dish you may want to consider.

 

 

 

Lasagna

1 pound ground chuck

2 garlic cloves, minced (can substitute garlic powder)

1 package dry onion soup mix

1 1/2 cup water

1 can tomato paste

1 can tomato sauce

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. oregano

1/2 pound lasagna noodles (I use the oven-ready ones)

2 cups cottage cheese

3 cups mozzarella cheese

2 T. parmesan cheese

 

Brown meat and garlic in skillet. Stir in onion soup mix, water, tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Cook lasagna noodles (or just use oven-ready as I do). Spray pan and arrange a single layer of noodles. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, then half the cottage cheese and half of the meat sauce. Repeat, ending with meat sauce. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.



                                      Enjoy your weekend!