Monday, November 2, 2015

Transitioning to Thanksgiving

Yesterday was especially busy, but last night I did get the chance to take care of the Halloween touches and get out some Thanksgiving items. I left the fireplace the same, but just switched-out some accents throughout the house. On my oak shelf, I replaced jack-o-lanterns with pumpkins and my old turkey.
 


 
I put my old turkey salt and pepper shakers on the oak buffet in the dining room and added the postcard replica of the famous old painting, First Thanksgiving. We picked up the postcard on our MA trip (way back when) and I matted it. That was such a good trip and the highlight was visiting Plymouth Plantation. It's an outstanding representation of the old village and the characters are dressed in period clothing. They explain their life and times. We even saw the real Plymouth rock. If you're ever in that area, you should consider stopping there.

It is so tough to take a picture in there since the back of the buffet is a mirror. The reflection makes it confusing.


 
 


I kept my glass jar filled with the metallic acorns in place.
 
Later this week I will share what I did in the kitchen to prepare for Thanksgiving.