Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Thankful Tree

I decided to try something new this year by making a thankful tree. Using the Christmas tree that goes in our kitchen, I added an autumn ribbon, fall leaves and acorn ornaments. I also created some "thankful cards" which guests will be able to hang on the tree after recording something for which they are thankful.
 


 
These acorn ornaments were the only things I purchased for this tree. I found them last month at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale. Sadly, I have one fewer than I did because one fell on the floor and shattered! 
This is an example of one of the thankful cards I made. 


 
 
I put out this Mayflower model my grandma gave to Randy. It's tough to see, but the small glass bowl contains the tags I made which can be hung on the tree.  
 
Be thankful!