Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday's Tablescape

You know how I am with dishes. I'm like a moth drawn to light when it comes to plates. A few Saturdays ago, my mother and I were at a sale when I spotted a stack of butterscotch colored dinner and salad plates. I had absolutely no intention of getting them, but I had to just look. As I was standing there thinking how versatile they would be, the owner glanced over and told me that she just wanted to get rid of that set and that they were a dollar. One dollar for service for four? Before I knew it, I had scooped-up the stack and paid for them! May I add that they still had the stickers on the bottom, so they were new. This is such a dreary day that I wanted to show something bright and warm and these new plates fit the bill.
 



 
 
 
 
 
I had these glass turkey candle holders. I decided that they would be the focus of today's table. 
 
You can see the color of the plates. Won't they go with a lot of table themes? Today I have them on silver chargers.
 

 
For a little added color, I scattered these plastic acorns on the tabletop. They came from the dollar store a few years ago and I am not sure if they still carry them, or not.
 
Unlike the weather here, I hope your day is sunny and bright!