Thursday, November 12, 2015

Little Pilgrims

These little pilgrims sit behind my corner kitchen sink, so we see a lot of one another when I am washing dishes! You can notice the very bottoms of the windows which shine light on the duo. The tray behind them is another childhood treasure of mine. I think they were pretty common in the 60s and were sold to commemorate each holiday. They are plastic and were probably intended to be functional, but I use them decoratively because now they are vintage!

 
 
 
 
 
Sitting next to the sink, my detergent is always "dressed" for the season. Many years ago, Aunt Kay made these adorable aprons for all of us to use on our soap bottles. The collection has one for each month and I really enjoy using them. It's funny how a little treasure used over the years becomes a sort of keepsake.
 
I hope your day is going well!