Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Greenery Accents

You may have read that the Pantone Color Institute declared 2017's color of the year to be Greenery. I'm attaching this link so you can see the exact shade. Isn't it pretty?  I became aware of the selection in  January, but forgot about it until recently. It all started coming back to me when I pulled out this old pillow. Hmmm...it looked bright and spring-like so I decided to make green an accent color  in the great room for this season.

Its presence in the room made this bunny (who was already in place on the mantel)  pop.

Since we're supposed to use odd numbers of items while decorating, I "shopped" the house for a third greenery -colored piece to use in the room.  This glass dish fit the bill!







Then I decided to tuck-in a few Easter decorations with bits of greenery on them. These two gems were in my Easter stash. This came from Dollar Tree a few years ago, but they still carry similar merchandise...

and this mercury-looking bunny has been around for years.
Five greenery knickknacks seemed  enough, so I was done! Best of all, I gathered everything from what I already had. I enjoy rotating decorations because by switching things around, I don't get tired of what I already have. Remember, this is a good way to spotlight family treasures, too!


Ironically, I painted our powder room a rather greenery-looking shade nearly three years ago and had been wondering if it was time to switch to something else.

I guess I should wait until 2018 before considering a new color as I certainly wouldn't want to abandon the color of the year! 😄