Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday's Tablescape

Yesterday I shared a pretty little dish which had belonged to my great grandmother. Today's tablescape features the set of china which belonged to her parents, which would be my great-great grandparents. I looked it up and they were married in 1868.
I know this picture laps over into the blog archive, but I needed it this size and can't adjust my columns! 🙂





I can't say that we've ever used these dishes. The chips and crazing prevent them from being food-safe, but I can say that they've proudly been on display as long as they've been in my possession. We even bought an antique cupboard for the specific purpose of housing all of the set.







I used the collection of the hostess pieces for the centerpiece. The bowl, tureen, celery dish and butter pat dishes had been packed away with the plates when I acquired the set from my aunt more than 20 years ago.






I like the design and colors of these vintage dishes which have over a century and a half worth of history.






Have a wonderful day!