Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tuesday's Tablescape

As I've said before, forsythia reminds me of liquid sunshine. I love when the pretty shrubs dot the landscape with their bursts of vibrant color. Usually an early bloomer, this year is atypical. This spring everything seems to be opening at once. These beauties are in our backyard.


Although I didn't cut these for the table, the imitation stems look like I had. The vase is a real tree stump a friend gave to me after buying it from a local artisan who creates them. I have highlighted the container before when I had it filled with pine boughs for wintertime. I love the springtime forsythia in it!



I think everyone watches for these early bloomers each spring. Some folklore states that there will still be snow after the forsythia shrubs flower (in fact, we have a chance of a rain/snow mix Saturday). When these shrubs begin to burst with color, we always know the soil is warm enough to apply crab grass preventative. Today, though, the forsythia stems are gracing the table.




















Victorians used flowers as expressions of their feelings. All flowers hold a meaning and forsythia means anticipation. That's pretty appropriate since  these cheery blossoms are a tease of what's to come the following spring days.


Have a cheery, bright day!