Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Easy Watering Jug

With tending to new plants this spring, you may have the same issue I do. Young seedlings require a lighter sprinkle of water. Even my littlest watering can produces too strong a stream. Perhaps you, too, have seen this idea before. I am here to tell you that it works wonderfully well and you might want to try it!

Begin with an empty jug. I happened to use one from distilled water. An empty gallon of milk would work, too, but be sure you thoroughly clean it of all milk residue.



Use a sharp object to push holes in the lid. An ice pick would probably work, but I grabbed my compass out my desk drawer.


To protect the furniture surface, I used a mouse pad. The plastic is so thin on the lid that it's easily penetrated. Evenly space the holes to  your satisfaction.
























Ta-da! You now have a way to water tender vegetation without flooding it!




I just planted a pot of dill seed and preferred using my new watering jug so that I wouldn't wash away the top layer of soil with a gush of water. It works very well!










Have a wonderful day!