Friday, April 1, 2016

No Fooling!

I have been on the lookout for red tennis shoes for a few months now. I thought they would be particularly cute for wearing to the ballpark when we cheer on the St. Louis Cardinals. I quickly discovered, however, that no one carries them for women. As you know, grays and neons are popular so that's all I could find...anywhere. I had just about given up and accepted the fact that I would be wearing my gray and hot pink shoes with my red Cardinal garb, when I saw these cute red Nikes.

Unfortunately, they were for kids. When I lamented that fact to the sales girl, she informed me that I could still wear them. What? Did you know that a woman can comfortably wear a youth shoe?  I had never considered this option until she told me and everyone I tell is surprised, too. You subtract two from your shoe size to find an equivalent match. Since I wear size 8, I got a youth size 6. For me, it's a bonus because youth sizes are cut a little more narrowly which suits my bird feet. So, if you didn't already know, you can wear a youth shoe. Even though this is April 1, I am not fooling!



Happy April Fools' Day! Have a nice weekend!