Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring Vignette

Since Easter was so early this year, we have a little transitional decorating period. It's not yet time for summer things and I won't put out the patriotic items until May, so I am keeping out all of my "springy" decorations for now. Easter bunnies and eggs are boxed-up until next year, but we still have "generic" bunnies and birds and faux spring flowers. The real flowering trees and bulbs in the yard are exploding in beauty, so I cut a bouquet of magnolias, forsythia, crabs, hyacinths and daffodils for the island vignette and put it in an old canning jar.




The base plate is a cake set which was a wedding gift to us (30 years ago this May!). The delicate spring flowers on it seemed in keeping with the real ones.




When I was out cutting this morning, I noticed that the bleeding heart is just beginning to bloom. Aren't the perfect little hearts adorable? Please excuse my thumb!




It's a good thing I cut early this morning when it was clear. The rains just moved in again. We're getting plenty of spring showers the past few days! I hope you're staying dry where you are!